What is the New Dentist Committee?
The New Dentist Committee consists of members that have received their D.D.S. or D.M.D. degree less than ten years before the time of selection. All members are welcome to participate in New Dentist Committee initiatives and activities.
The role of the New Dentist Committee:
1. Provide the Board of Directors with expertise on issues affecting new dentists.
2. Advocate to the Board of Directors on the perspectives of the new dentist in the development of policies, programs, benefits and services.
3. Identify the needs and concerns of new graduate dentists and make recommendations for any programs to assist with their transition to practice.
4. Enhance member value, encourage involvement and active participation, and build a community of new dentists in organized dentistry.
5. Enhance the development of future leaders by providing and promoting leadership development opportunities and training for new dentists.
Register for the 2022-2023 New Dentist Committee Lecture Series here
Are you new to Organized Dentistry?
The New Dentist Committee will connect you with both experienced members and peers with similar interests. If you are interested in learning more, please email us today: firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you know...
The ADA and the TDA created the Reduced Dues Program to recognize that recent graduates need some time to get settled into their profession. As a result, recent graduates are able to take advantage of reduced membership dues. In order to take advantage of this dues structure you must join the tripartite (Texas Dental Association, American Dental Association and SADDS) within one year of graduation.
If you would like to speak to someone about this program, please contact the TDA Member Services Department at 512-443-3675 and either choose option 2 for Membership or extension 134.